Thursday, April 5, 2012

if one thing can be said for mill valley it's that it is gorgeous... and has the best sandwich ever (vacation part one)




For our spring break/4 year anniversary we decided to stay with my Grandpa in a little town called Cotati, in the bay area.  We left at about 7 am (original plan 6 am, no matter what, every trip, time of departure always gets postponed an hour), and got in about 5:30 pm.  Cotati is right next to Sonoma so the scenery was uhh-mazing, living in Idaho I'm so used to the typical desert landscape so on this trip I had a hard time tearing my eyeballs away from things like the rolling green hills and seaside.  AND THE COWS!  They were everywhere just doing their cow thing, but for some reason seeing them scattered along the hillside was so beautiful.  To be able to go from rolling green cow-sprinkled hillsides to pool-side palm trees in less than 2 minutes gave my tummy little springtime butterflies.

But the real beauty of day one was my experience with, I kid you not, the best sandwich known to mankind I think (I'm still in the process of polling everyone).  In Mill Valley, which is a great town a little inland from San Francisco, there's this great french bistro that I make a habit of frequenting.  DO YOU SEE THOSE FRUIT TARTS?!  Nothing says I'm on vacation like fruit tarts.  But my favorite meal they offer is the oven roasted chicken and pesto sandwich on fresh baguette.  It was SO worth breaking the pescetarian diet we've been trying to stick to.  Nick had an avacadoey turkey some kind of wonderful sandwich and helped me finish mine.  Needless to say, the meal slightly blew our minds.  It put me in such a good mood that when a woman passing by on the street mistook me for someone else, got real close to the window by our table waving an smiling, I wasn't even uncomfortable.  In fact, it made the meal that much more enjoyable.  I waved back with a smile that said "HEY lady!  You're going to be a little embarrassed in a moment when you realize I'm not who you think I am, but for now I'm going to smile back and wave, and we can be friends anyway!"

Because that's what good food does to us.  Good food = good mood = less awkward moments.  And cows, cows lead to a good mood too!

Go eat some good food, and maybe wave at a stranger and happy Thursday!      




No comments: