Wednesday, May 2, 2012

and then i left my heart



in gorgeous San Francisco.  (Luckily I had Nicklaus, who stole it back for me, and is currently holding onto it for safe keeping) #mushygushyeww!  But for reals though, San Francisco may just be my favorite place in the whole wide world so far.  I mean, where else can you browse artwork on the square, sip Italian coffees, shop in a 6 story Nordstrom's, ride a cable car (do people use the word trolley anymore?  It makes me feel silly when I say it but I kinda like it...), taste the salty air, and have the pleasure of laying eyes on this dapper gentleman?

Art or antique?  You be the judge.  

We also took a lovely jaunt across the bay to Sausalito, where on a clear day, has the most amazing view of the San Fran skyline.  Unfortunately it was not so clear for us, but the city behind the fog still took my breath away.  And we ate greasy fish 'n chips because... well actually, that requires no reasoning, we did it because it tasted like a seafood party in my mouth (for a second I thought I heard Flounder and Sebastian singing "Under the Sea!," but tuned it out so I could devour my fried little fishies.)  

And all over the city are these heart sculptures, and my grandpapa was kind enough to snap a picture of us in forn of the one that Tony Bennet painted.  Note: 12+ inch height difference, will remember to wear taller shoes for next picture.  

Oh handsome city by the bay, I'm getting tummy butterflies just thinking about my love for you.  Don't get me wrong Boise, you're still my main squeeze, but somethin' about those salty waves and Golden Gate just gets me.  

Perhaps it has something to do with San Francisco = play by the bay, Boise = work/school.  Hmm, tough choice there Alex, but I'm going to go with "What is San Francisco, greatest place on Earth?"  

Hope your Wednesday flies by!  As for me, my day looks like this:

Things I have to accomplish today:
Homework

Things I have accomplished today:
Eat
Kissed no less than 3 booboo's betta
Laundry
Blog
Look at my computer screen
Anything but homework

Yeah... when LAUNDRY seems like the more exciting thing to do... it's bad...


2 comments:

::: Wild lola {Naia} said...

beautiful photos!

Katie Kemp said...

I want to go there!! I've only been once. Looks like a wonderful trip!