Thursday, February 16, 2012

Our V-Day

*Sorry for the blurinessa and funky greenish looking hair

There once was a time, long ago, when we would get SUPER fancied up, go to an expensive romantic dinner, exchange expensive romantic gifts, probably get some expensive romantic dessert if we were feeling EXTRA expensive and romantic, and then proceed to some romantic smooching (just sayin').  But then, somewhere between a LONG time ago (which actually was only really like a year ago) we decided, hey hunnie buns, we are probably going to spend lots of Valentine's Days together, maybe being so expensive and romantic is a little unoriginal these days.  So this Valentine's Day we took a little different approach.  

First, Nicklaus had a basketball game to coach, which I went and watched.  I could say that they got their booties kicked, but they asked Nick at the beginning of the season if when they lost a game, they could just pretend like the won anyway (what an amazing concept courtesy of 5th/6th graders, I think I will start applying to my life.  Oh, I didn't get the highest test grade in the class?  I'm gonna pretend like I DID!  Take that!), so I'm gonna say that they actually KICKED bootay.

Afterwards we got dressed up,  and may I say Nicklaus looked preeeetty dapper!  Then stopped by the grocery store to pick up a lil sompin' sompin', then we cooked ourselves dinner!  You dressed up and got all fancy just to cook dinner, you may ask?  WHY YES.  That is precisely how it went.  I think it's important to, no matter how long you've been together, never forget that it's so fun to get all dolled up for each other (even if you decide to change into pajammies for dinner, but that is besides the point.)  We sat across from each other and ate our chicken and mushrooms in a white wine sauce, over a bed of wild rice, and zucchini.  Which, was DE-LICIOUS!  Hate to toot our own horns, but toot tooooot!  

Then there was the Valentine's episode of Glee and mucho snuggling.  Just writing that sentence makes me wish I could be watching Glee and snuggling right about now.  

So that's it folks! It was a low-key, comfortable, romantic, good-eatin' Valentine's.  And, by the way, it totally rocked.  But I guess I'm pretty lucky, because everyday is pretty much Valentine's Day when you've got a dreamboat like this guy:
        Doesn't this picture just say, "Well hello ladies, my name is Nick, and I'll be your romance tour guide this evening..."  Just me?  Coool.


No comments: