Thursday, March 1, 2012

Let's hear it for the boy


You know the girls who are all "Blah blah blah my boyfriend/husband is soooo great, he did this and this and this for me, and I'm so spoiled and then he bought me a giant golden chocolate fondue fountain, and then he did all my laundry and folded it while I ate chocolate dipped brownies, and then he gave me a unicorn for a "just because" present, and he said we could watch TLC all evening while he gave me foot rubs, and then he told me about how much he can't wait to have babies one day, and how he is afraid NOT to be committed.  Isn't that just great?!?"

And then you look at her and you're all, "Yeah.  That's great.  Oh, P.S. nobody cares so shut it..."

Well, I'm certainly NOT trying to be like that.

But I do give credit where credit is due.  And Nicklaus made both the above dinner of baked lemon garlic salmon, with garlic roasted red potatoes, and spinach-greens salad with basalmic dressing* (*It has been decided by me that coming up with fancy names for food dishes is JUST as important as cooking them...).  Me = impressed.  Then he proceeded to bake banana bread via his grandmothers recipe for dessert.  I would try to describe how delicious it all was. But I would not do it justice.

There were no chocolate fountains involved, but it was still, nonetheless, like wow.

Let's hear it for the boy, let's give the boy a ha-aaaaand.*

*In reference to the original Kevin Bacon Footloose, not that new, re-make crap.  BTW, my degree of separation from Kev is now a 3 due to recent events.  Which is pretty awesome.     

The End.

5 comments:

Malea said...

Hey thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog! Isn't blogging fun? You're blog looks really cute :)

dreaming en francais said...

Gotta love a boyfriend/hubby who can cook!! Great post, that looks YUMMY! xo

http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

Taylor Morgan said...

haha, that's funny... and I have to admit that I have been guilty of that... sorry, but you gotta do it sometimes... I mean, he made you banana bread! that's awesome! :)

xoxo,
Taylor

taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

Elise said...

that dinner looks so yummy!!

Brie Bemis @ Sophistifunk said...

i want to eat it! jealous :)