Thursday, April 26, 2012

no rain no gain


It's easy on gray rainy days, such as this one, it's easy for me to become kinda Debbie Downer about it, especially since we've been getting spoiled with Summer sneak peak weather.  But since we are getting fewer and fewer rain cloud days, and we're getting closer to hot weather (so excited, totes already have about a dozen swim suits picked out already), I've found a cooler, rainier day tossed into the mix once in a while is kind of a nice change of scenery.  Although I do kind of feel like a cotton headed ninnymuggins for wearing rain boots with a summer dress yesterday when it was warm, and sandals today...  that's what happens when you get dressed before looking outside your bedroom window.  I could have asked Siri what the weather was looking like today, but Siri and I are taking some time apart.  Every time I ask her something, she basically tells me she's "busy," probably researching who most recently got knocked off of DWTS (or Dancing with the Stars for those of you who don't have time to watch TV because you're doing grown up stuff.  To which I stick my tongue out and give one of those mouth farty noises).  Anyways, here are my favorite joys of the rain cloud day.
- Love is a Four Letter Word, aka Jason Mraz's new album.  "Be Honest" one of my top favorites, but almost every single song on this album is sweet and delicious, it's pretty much an audio dessert.  Which, unlike the normal kind of dessert, does not make my thighs jiggle, but instead makes my bum sway.  #upgrade
- The color scheme of the gray sky with the bright green that has decided to blanket Boise recently.  I don't know why, but the green sky combined with rainy mist makes me giddy.  While taking above picture I said out loud to myself "Look at this leaf!  Just how green is this leaf?"  Some of the local furry yard dwellers were slightly judgmental.
- Gettin' my chi with some Chai Tea.  Need I say more?
- Jamie Cullum plays in my car, on my laptop, or on my pod basically nonstop.  If Jazz and Pop had a baby, that love child would be he who goes by Jamie Cullum, for reals.  I make mixes of my favorites, but Twentysomething is a great album.    
Find your favorite parts of the rain and let me know what they are.  Besides that, if you need me I will be driving in the rain, looking at the geen, listening to Jamie Cullum, drinking chai tea, and basically anything besides studying for my test that I keep rescheduling and not studying for!


P.S. Possible job interview that could lead to possible booty kicking job on the horizon.  I'll let you know more when I do! 

2 comments:

Morgan said...

getting tired of nannying?? i might be applying for another job too... i wasn't looking for it. it just kind of fell in my lap!

Anonymous said...

You had me at Jamie Cullum ...he's awesome!

Check out my blog today, I have an awesome purse-makeover DIY!

www.houseofhemingway.com