Wednesday, April 25, 2012

a promise and a list


I know that by looking at little bloggypants over here, you would probably not guess that I take pictures beyond those on my instagram (@daniiijackson) or on my iPhone... but I for reals do.  And the Bay area was perfect for breaking in our new and first semi nice camera.  Semi nice camera's are a new thing to me, most camera apparatus I have used in the past generally come with a setting in which you can put animated birthday hats on your head, or appear to be in France.  Which produces little picture gems such as this one:

But does not produce what a hipster would refer to as "photography."  And some of the pictures I took out turned out halfway passable as non-photography.  And I understand the title of "Vacation Post Part One" sort of necessitates following parts...  And just as soon as I find my camera cord, which
i pinky promise 
to do by the end of this weekend, I will share them.  And by the way, pinky promises are very sacred to me.

And now, a little list for your Wednesday:

Things from this Week that I Will Consider Doing Differently Next Time

- Getting out of the shower and shaking some thang in the bathroom mirror, only to turn and realize that the door, that leads to the bedroom, that has a window that is directly looking into my bathroom is open.  And there may or may not have been some singing and choreographed dancing to "Sexy and I Know It." No one will ever know.  Except the neighbors who live directly across from our window.  They know.

- Feeding a toddler 4 popsicles before 10 am.  No further explanation.

- Asking someone to hold my frozen yogurt popsicle while I take a shower.  Turns out that's an unreasonable request, at least according to my boyfriend who repeatedly asked "Did you seriously ask me to hold a frozen treat for you while you were in the shower?  Who asks someone to do that?"  But at least he put it in a zip loc in the freezer for me, so maybe that one actually goes down as a WIN in my book. #winning

- Forgetting that when I'm driving in my car, people can actually see inside.  Does anyone else get in that "I'm in my own personal car where I can sing, dance and pick my nose if I want to and no one will see meeeee" zones whilst driving?  It's a little thing I do, and it has led to some seriously awkward stop light sits.

  


1 comment:

Allie said...

i too am a dance party in the car kinda girl. and it definitely gets awkward at stop lights or when i'm stuck in traffic. your blog is so cute! just thought i'd say hello! :)