Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kickin' the habit




So, word on the street (Sesame, that is), is that Lent is comin' right on up.  And while I don't celebrate Lent as a part of any religion really, I do think it is good to, once in a while, see where in your life you can make sacrifices.  Almost like a mind over matter, test your self-discipline kind of thing.  So I am vowing to, at LEAST until Easter, and, hopefully maybe don't count on it, I will continue after.  Basically what I'm getting at is I'm going to be done with refined sugary oh-so-corn-syrupy treats.  No more orange creamsicles, which have become quite the obsession in our household, no candy, no cake, no dessert really.  Which is why you see me above so distraught.

BUT I am hoping that my body i going to take on that super hero like feeling inside that people say you get when you stop eating like a 6-year-old and start being a grown-up... Sometimes, from being a nanny full-time, I forget that I am not a child and while it is cute for my littles to get all hopped up on their Valentine's candy, it is less cute when I do it... It's mostly just sad...

BUT OF COURSE!  Without fail, this morning a stumbled upon these little sweetums the girls have:

and they are like, really freakin' good.  SO that's my last little bit of sweet sugary bliss.  Promise.

And that's all I got!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Haha, I've had the forgetting I'm not a child experience too!! Mostly, I act like the adult when I have to be with the kiddos, and then I come home acting like a 3 year old... Good for you on the sugar! I've always thought of cutting something out for Lent, I ought to give it a try.